Thursday, October 6, 2011

Edward

"The world is large, let them beg throw life, For them never more will I see, O." - Anonymous

I decided to blog about this poem since it kind of confused me, but I ended up laughing for about 10 minutes before doing this. I didn't want to get my book off the table so I could quote the poem, so I googled Edward poem. It was only after reading the first page of sources that I realized how many Twilight obsessed people there are in the world. One of the comments on a poem I clicked on read "HA!!!!!! i LOVE this! edward...is the BOMB-SHIZ! lol. that is an amazing poem babe." High quality writing, right there.




Now on to my actual analysis/confusion with the poem. I realize that Edward killed his father and is now preparing to flee, but I'm not sure about the last stanza. The whole condemning-his-mother thing caught me off guard. For some reason I read this thinking that Edward was a prince and his parents were the king and queen. His mom wants him to stay with his "towers and... halls". I think she realizes that he committed a crime, but their kingdom needs them. He has a family to think about. She also wants him to stay to inherit the throne.

No comments:

Post a Comment