Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Onomatopoeia

"Click, click, click, click... And it was morning. Bernard was back among the miseries of space and time." (page 178)

I think this represents Bernard beginning to revert back to his old self. Although he's not completely back yet, it's a start. Bernard says that he's unhappy that he's not being idolized anymore. That's why he considered the present "misery". Not even soma seems to be able to cure his unhappiness. I feel somewhat bad for Bernard, but then I realize that he brought it upon himself. He is even compared to a "deflated balloon" at one point. Bernard's unhappiness will probably end soon and he will find peace in his solitude, or with John and Helmholtz. 

2 comments:

  1. So are you saying it's good that Bernard is back to being miserable?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think so. I'm not really sure, becuase he sort of changes again. I really thought he was the protagonist in the book for a long time, but I'm almost positive that John really is. I don't think Bernard ever went fully back to being himself after he started blending in with everyone.

    ReplyDelete