Thursday, September 29, 2011

Hazel Tells LaVerne

"well I screams ya little green pervert an i hitsm with my mop an has ta flush the toilet down three times" - Katharyn Howd Machan



I think this picture pretty much sums up the poem. Up until Princess Tiana actually gave in a kissed the frog, this poem was spot on with The Princess and the Frog! Hazel hits the frog with a mop; Tiana hits the frog with a book. They're very similar. I honestly thought she was going to kiss the frog and something miraculous and royal was going to happen. It was such a letdown to keep reading to find out she wasn't going to be a princess. I guess I watch too many Disney movies. I feel like I can't analyze this poem though. It seems just like a normal story that one lady is telling to another while they get their hair done at the salon. Maybe the ending can be analyzed? She seems to reconsider the whole crazy idea when she says "me a princess". Maybe she looked back and wished she would have at least tried. Who knows, maybe Hazel could've been the next Princess Tiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment