Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hunter's In The Snow - Kenny

"'Now look, Kenny,' Frank said, 'it's no use whining about being cold if you're not going to try and keep warm. You've got to do your share.'" - Frank, Hunter's in the Snow pg. 197

I absolutely hated Kenny in the beginning of this story. He was being arrogant and rude. When he shot the farmer's dog, I thought I was going to throw my book. You can't just shot dogs?!? Then things began to unfold and my opinion changed - mainly due to sympathy. He was doing the old farmer a favor by shooting the dog. Granted, he should have told his friends to avoid confusion and the whole ordeal, but still Tub overreacted. He was then left in the bed of a truck to die! That's not okay; no matter what a person has done. Frank and Tub spend time complaining about issues that are completely self-made and could be avoided, while their friend is at risk of losing his life. Then they took a "different turn". Not a wrong turn, a different turn. I think they knew Kenny was going to die, and they just didn't care. It's safe to say that my opinion changed. At the end, I felt sorry for Kenny having to be friends with such huge idiots who have no regard for their friend's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment