Thursday, July 28, 2011

Never Let Me Go #1

"A lot of the time, how you were regarded at Hailsham, how much you were liked and respected, had to do with how good you were at 'creating.'" p.16

This whole post is going to be lots and lots questions, so I hope that's allowed. I'm really only doing this so I can go back to this post when I'm finished with the book and feel really accomplished when I know all of the answers. I've only read the first 2 chapters, which means they may just be answered very soon. Who knows?!


1. What is a carer, recovery center, and donor (in relation to the book).
2. What is so important about creativity in this society?
3. Is Hailsham simply a school, or is it more than that?
4. Does Tommy have something wrong with him other than the fact that he doesn't have to be creative if he doesn't want to?
5. Did Kathy realize there was something strange about their school, kind of how Bernard realized there was something strange about the World State in Brave New World?
6. What do they have against last names?

Finally, this book reminds me of A Separate Peace. Boarding schools where everything seems to be in its own little world, drama between friends, and English people ( mainly just the boarding school part though).



No comments:

Post a Comment