Friday, July 8, 2011

Science and Stability

"The world's stable now." (pg. 220)

Things finally started making sense and connecting for me in this chapter. Mustapha Mond explained a lot through his trial with John. I realized they do all of the intricate social upbringings because if anything changed or disappeared, chaos would ensue. The story of an Alpha-only society illustrated that idea perfectly. My huge AHA! moment, in the words of Mrs. Sander, was the explanation of why the controlling began. I learned that after the devestation of the 9 years war, the people asked for it. They wanted complete, controlled happiness no matter what he cost. It only too about 16 chapters for the light bulb to finally go off in my head.


1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Sander is dominating these blogs. Tons of shout-outs to her!

    ReplyDelete