Friday, July 29, 2011

Point of View

"My name is Kathy H. I'm thirty-one years old, and I've been a carer now for over eleven years." p.3

I immediately noticed this as a major difference between Never Let Me Go and Brave New World . This first person point of view is a breath of fresh air after reading and analyzing a story that relies completely on an outsider narrator. Kathy H. starts out the story by introducing herself, but then she begins to ramble about things that don't make sense to me. I don't quite understand the concept of their donor-carer careers yet. Eventually, I started gathering information that helped explain things. I'm still a little confused (it seems to be a trend on all of my AP blogs), but it's not nearly as confusing at Brave New World. I think since this story took place in the 1990's I can relate with it more. I'm sure there are still plenty of surprises lurking in these pages that will trip me up and continue to confuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment