Friday, August 12, 2011

I don't like where this is going...

"But he had a smile on his face like he didn't expect for one moment to be blamed for anything." - pg. 165


I remember reading this and thinking "wow, Rodney is such a jerk". I don't know if that's what the author intended or not though. He makes Rodney and Chrissie out to be somewhat nice people who are just a little overbearing and annoying sometimes, but other times they are downright rude. They're like the Regina George from Mean Girls. 


She forces people to change their personality and basically controls their social life. That's what  Rodney and Chrissie seem to be doing to Ruth. It's quite aggravating, because Ruth is STILL with Tommy right now. She doesn't strike me as the kind of girl who deserves him. I think Tommy staying in town with Kathy at the end of chapter 14 might be the last straw in the relationship though. I guess I should keep reading and figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment