Friday, August 12, 2011

Kathy and Tommy

"We'd been thinking about the deferrals, the theory about the Gallery, all of it, for so long - and now, suddenly, here we were." - pg. 244

I called it! Not really called, I guess, more just hope for it! Kathy and Tommy are finally together. There's still 3 chapters left in this book, and if anything depressing happens I will be very upset. They've literally waited their entire lives to be together. They're best friends, and now they finally get the chance to be a couple. As much as I love the 2 of them together, I understand where Kathy is coming from when she talks about the feeling that it's too late. Most of these situations happened at Hailsham or the Cottages, but now they're out in the real world. I think I'll choose to ignore that feeling right now and hope for the best. Kathy seems to be doing the same. She is so excited right now to visit Madame, and I sincerely hope everything works out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment