Friday, August 12, 2011

Rising Action

"'The main thing is, I kept you and Tommy apart.'" - pg. 232

Ruth finally saw the light! I don't know what made her want to make up for everything she'd done, but she finally redeemed herself. It makes me really happy to know that she died at peace with her and Kathy and Tommy's friendship. All of chapter 19 (it was a very long chapter) seemed like rising action. New developments kept coming up and lots of unexpected things happened. I didn't think. Ruth actually apologized for everything and she also found Madame's address. She turned out to be a truly great friend to Kathy, even though it took quite a few years. Kathy seemed so at peace with Ruth's "completion". I feel like the three of them have grown up so much since the beginning of the novel; their friendship was so much stronger than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment