Friday, August 12, 2011

Tommy = my favorite

"'Maybe I did know, somewhere deep down. Something the rest of you didn't.' " - pg. 275


Tommy is seriously my favorite character. He is so in love with Kathy and I think he knows that things aren't ever going to be perfect. It sort of breaks my heart. When it comes down to it, they're clones that will never get to live a full and happy life. I can see how the entire argument that's basically Team Emily or Team Lucy is very tough to pick a side for, but I am strongly going to agree with Miss Lucy. I know that Miss Emily and Madame were trying their hardest to give the students normal lives, but they did nothing to prepare them for the time when they left school. They were simply left alone to be used by other people. It would be nice to actually be aware of that before it happens in my opinion. Personally, I think cloning is a topic that I'm not even sure I can take a stance on yet. I realize it's creepy and very unfair to the actual clones, but if there was a way to make just the actual organs, not full humans, I'd be less hesitant. People's opinions change when they are affected personally by a disease that could've possible been cured. There are multiple different views in this novel, and I think I'll stick with Miss Lucy although I don't agree 100% at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment